The luggage handle wrap is a type of grip tape used to secure luggage to the handle. It oft uses in airports, train stations, and other public places where baggage is handled. It’s not just the airlines that are obsessed with luggage.
You see, everyone obsess with luggage these days. Everyone heavily invests in their bags and accessories, from individuals to big brands. From iced water bottles to comfortable headphones, people are investing in unique accessories for travel. The luggage handle wrap is one such accessory that has caught a lot of attention.
It has several benefits over regular tape or cloth, making it ideal for frequent travelers. We will cover everything you need to know about the luggage handle wrap – its history, tips, and different ways to make one.
What Is Luggage Handle Wrap?
Luggage handle wraps are a simple and easy way to make your luggage sturdy and easier to grip. They are affordable, durable, and easy to apply and can enhance the look and feel of your luggage. They are safe to use and do not damage your suitcase or the surface it’s applied.
You can use them on suitcases, carry-on bags, or backpack straps. Plus, they’re easy to remove without leaving any residue. Luggage handle wraps are a great addition to any traveler’s gear bag.
5 Quick & Easy Ways To Make Luggage Handle Wrap
Making luggage handle wraps is a great way to add a little personality and style to your luggage. All you need is some fabric and sewing supplies, and you can have the perfect luggage wrap in no time. Luggage handles can be a real pain in the neck, especially when they cover in dirt and dust. That’s why keeping them clean and free from wear and tear is so important. Here’s a quick and easy way to make a luggage handle wrap:
1) Choose the right fabric. Any kind of fabric will work, but choose something that’s lightweight and comfortable to wear.
2) Sew the fabric onto the handle of your suitcase or travel bag. Make sure that the edge of the fabric line up with the edge of the handle.
3) Measure it once you’ve sewn it on, and cut out a template if necessary. Then, sew across the template with a straight stitch to form a neat finish.
4) Carefully press down on the fabric, so it’s secure against the handle. Also, trim any excess fabric around the edges before sealant or paint goes on.
5) If desired, optionally add some embellishments like sequins, rhinestones, or lace. You’re ready to go.
Directions For Making The Handle Wrap
Making a handle wrap is a fun and easy way to add some extra pizzazz to your designs. It’s also great to show off your creative skills and stretch your artistic boundaries. Here are the directions you need:
- Start sketching your design on paper or in a digital file. Make sure the design is symmetrical and looks good from the front and the back.
- Begin by cutting out the main shapes of the wrap using an appropriately sized piece of fabric. You’ll need two rectangles, one for each side of the handle and one for the top and bottom hem of the wrap.
- Next, sew your two rectangles using a straight stitch or zigzag stitch (depending on how sturdy you want your final product to be). You can also use bias tape if you’d like, but it’s unnecessary.
- Finally, fold each rectangle in half to form a square, then press them down so they’re nice and neat (you might want to iron them if they’re not). Then do the same thing with the top and bottom hem of your wrap — make sure they match up perfectly.
How To Make Luggage Handle Wrap Easily?
The luggage handle wrap is a simple and easy way to make your luggage easier to carry. It helps keep the handle clean and free from scratches, which makes it easier to grab and lift.
To make luggage handle wrap, you’ll need some fabric, a sewing machine, and thread. First, measure the circumference of the handle you want to cover. Then, cut out the fabric using the measurements you just obtained. Make sure that the edges of the fabric are even and that there are no irregularities or tears.
Next, sew the fabric around the circumference of the handle using a zigzag stitch. Make sure you do not stretch or pull on the fabric while sewing; hold it in place with pins when it is complete. Finally, trim off any excess material using a serger or scissors.
Tips For Making Perfect Luggage Handle Wrap Every Time
When it comes to luggage, nothing is more frustrating than trying to wrap your handle the right way every time. Follow these simple tips and you’ll be able to make perfect luggage handle wraps every time.
- Make sure your luggage is evenly balanced, so it’s not too heavy or too light when wrapping the handle.
- Start by laying the luggage flat with the open side facing down.
- Measure the handle length from top to bottom and divide this number in half.
- Wrap the handle using a strip of fabric twice as long as the measurement you just took.
- Make sure that both ends of the strip are anchored at either end of the handle so that it doesn’t move while you’re wrapping it.
- Finally, tie a knot in one end of the strip, go back down halfway, make another knot, and finish up by tying it off in a perfect loop.
Pros And Cons Of Using Luggage Handle Wrap
The luggage handle wraps are designed to protect your luggage from being damaged while in transit. It comes in various colors and designs and can be attached to any suitcase or duffel bag handle. The pros of using luggage handle wrap are that it keeps your luggage safe from damage and theft and makes it easier for you to carry your belongings around.
Some people even use it as a makeshift shoulder strap. The cons of using luggage handle wrap are that it can be annoying if it gets tangled up in your hair or clothes, and you may have to remove it every time you take your bag off the carousel. Additionally, some people find it easier to remove without damaging the paintwork on their suitcase or bag.
To wrap things up, we are sure you know everything about what to do and how to make a handle wrap for your luggage. Getting damaged or stained luggage handles are the last thing you want. But the good news is that there are a handful of simple and easy ways to protect your luggage handles from dirt and grime. While some of these solutions are DIY, others require just a few materials and tools.
Now that you know how to make handle wraps, keep them handy, as they’re a great way to prevent damage to your suitcase handles. Now that it is easy for everyone to get the best-looking luggage handle wraps, forget about the messy and old-fashioned ones. Just follow the tips above, and you will have no trouble.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1.How Do You Choose A Good Way To Wrap A Handle On Luggage?
Ans: There are several ways to make luggage handle wrap. The most popular way to make luggage handle wrap is with electrical tape. Start by cutting a piece of tape slightly longer than the circumference of the handle. Then, wrap the tape around the handle several times, ensuring the tape’s ends tuck underneath. Finally, pull the ends of the tape tight so that it forms a grip.
2.What Is The Best Way To Wrap A Suitcase Handle?
Ans: To make a suitcase handle wrap, you will need the following:
- Some fabric
- A scissors
- Hot glue
- Cut the fabric to the desired length.
- Glue the fabric around the suitcase handle.
- Allow the glue to cool completely before using the handle wrap.
3.Which Type Of Luggage Handle Wrap Should I Use?
Ans: If you’re looking for a way to protect your luggage from being damaged in transit, consider using a luggage handle wrap. Luggage handle wraps are available in various types, such as neoprene, Velcro, and rubber. Before selecting one, it is best to test a few different types of luggage handle wraps. However, some of the most popular types of luggage handle wrap include neoprene, Velcro, and rubber.
4.How Much Does It Cost For A Roll Of Luggage Handle Wrap?
Ans: The cost of luggage handle wrap varies depending on the size and quantity you need. A roll of luggage handle wrap typically costs around $5-10. However, it is best to order luggage handle wrap online since tracking your order and ensuring you receive the product you ordered is easier.
5.What Should I Do If My Luggage Handle Wrap Starts To Deteriorate?
Ans: If your luggage handle wrap starts to deteriorate, it’s important to take action as soon as possible. This will prevent the handle from coming off completely, which could lead to injury. Here are a few steps that you can take to address this issue:
- Try using a luggage strap instead of the handle wrap.
- Contact your airline and tell them about the issue.
- Replace the handle wrap with a new one as soon as possible.